Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I will praise You in this storm...

When I was driving home a couple of weeks ago I was listening to the radio and Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns came on. Now mind you I was driving through a massive snow storm at the time. Oh the irony. But it was also indicative of what has been going on in my life.

The storm I have been weathering for the past few months may or may not be letting up. For the time being it seems to have lightened up a bit...but you never know what lies on the horizon. And for a couple of weeks it was pretty heavy. I ended up spending (wasting really) a lot of time with a company that ended up being yet another disappointment. Somewhere in there I also had a pretty rough case of viral pneumonia that took a couple of weeks to fully recover from. On top of it all, without any jobs prospects in sight, I was left no choice but to pack up my life and leave Denver in search of better things in Texas. Needless to say I was both physically and emotionally exhausted.

I always knew that leaving Denver was a very real possibility given the state of the economy in Colorado. But I guess I never thought I would have so much trouble finding a job in the first place, let alone be unemployed for several months without any real prospects. It was also very different this time because leaving Dallas was my choice. And while I suppose I could've stayed a little longer to continue my search, the benefits no longer outweighed the costs. Tough decisions had to be made and my decision was to come back home.

And believe me it wasn't an easy decision by any means. It felt like giving up on a life I put so much effort into building. But at the same time returning to a life I had sort of put on hold. Or something like that. I have made some great friends over the past couple of years in Denver, and while I know we'll still keep in touch, it's just not the same as seeing each other all the time. Though at the same time it is nice to be able to see my friends here on a more regular basis, for they are my other family. So it was bittersweet in a way. I know I can always go back and visit, but I also know that chapter in my life has come to an end.

So after a brief trip to Nashville (I'll save that for another blog) I find myself back in Texas, weathering the storm as best I can. All the while being thankful for the things I've been given and in prayer about the things that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment