Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's see how far we've come...

I really meant to post this a few weeks ago, but things have been a little chaotic lately and well...at least I'm doing it now!

June 25th was a big (and busy) Saturday for me.  It started off with a 1st birthday party celebrating the cutest baby in the whole world...not that I'm biased at all! 


I mean how can you not love that face?  The party was full of family and friends celebrating a little girl that is more loved than she yet knows.  Watching her grow and being a part of her story has given me such joy over the past year. 

After the party it was time for lunch (yes the party was at 10 am).  Because it was a special weekend, high school reunion and all, one of our friends was nice enough to organize a lunch with a few of us that have grown up together and one very special guest. 

12 1/2 years ago we lost a sweet friend.  And so as we gathered together to celebrate 10 years full of college, careers, and family, it seemed only right to include someone whose son should have been there with us, and certainly was in spirit.  It was truly great to see everyone "all grown up".  Though it didn't really feel like much time had passed at all.  Funny how we all come back together and things seem to pick up right where they left off.  One of the things I love about these people.


Even though it was only a brief time together, it was so nice to catch up and laugh and share stories from our lives. 

After lunch I rushed home to shower, do my hair, get dressed and head over to the Kinson casa for a little pre-reunion get together.  I had organized some time for a group of us to hang out and catch up before the big shin-dig.  And I am so glad we made it happen, it was one of the many highlights of the day. 

The reunion itself was a lot more fun than I expected it to be.  Perhaps I had somewhat low expectations going in, or maybe I had just been so busy earlier in the day that I didn't have time to over-think it all.  Either way, I had a great time!  For the most part people seemed to have moved past the high school gossipy ways...which I was very thankful for...and all in all it was lovely to hang out with people I hadn't seen in far too long. 

Overall a pretty fantastic day.  Definitely worth a bruised knee and lost voice the next day.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and my family and friends over the next 10 years...one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment