Thursday, September 24, 2009

No news is good news...

Who came up with that saying? If you ask me, it's completely backwards. It should really be more like "no news is a bad sign" or something like that. I wish I had something really profound to blog about...but I think today is going to be more venting for my own good than anything. Sounds pretty negative right? I guess it is.

It's been a rough few weeks. Job search wise that is. I never imagined in my life that I would be unemployed for such a long stretch of time. And I know I talk about this a lot...but it's pretty much the only thing going on in my life these days. I also never thought it would be this hard or emotionally draining to find a job either. I mean I've only had a handful of interviews over the past few months, but you'd think since I was a slave to public accounting for 3 years that it wouldn't be too difficult a task. Apparently it is. And maybe I am an absolutely horrible interviewee...or maybe I don't sell myself enough...maybe I need to work on that. But I've had to jump through some interesting hoops along the way too. I can't wait for the day when I can post on here that I've found a new job...wherever and whatever it may be.

Having faith sometimes isn't enough for the days that you get the rejection emails or phone calls. Especially when you thought the interview went really well and that you'd be a great fit with the company. Those are the worst. Can't say if it's worse than hearing nothing at all...I think that may still be absolute worst thing about the whole new job process. But some days its just hard. And today is one of those days. I know I'll get through it and I know there will be other jobs that come my way...but as my "Denver deadline" is quickly approaching, it isn't getting any easier.

So all I ask for is continued support and prayer that I'll find the right job (or maybe any job) and that I'll stay positive in the meantime.

Thanks for letting me vent...it really does help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment